The Veterans Appointment Request app (VAR) allows veterans in VISN 20 (which includes the Boise VA Medical Center in Boise, ID; the Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center in Walla Walla, WA; and the Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center in Spokane, WA) can now schedule appointments with VA providers from their smart phone, tablet, or computer.
VAR is not available for all care teams. Please inquire with your provider or care team to determine if they are participating in VAR.
Available at select locations, VAR makes it possible for Veterans to self-schedule primary care appointments and request assistance in booking both primary care and mental health appointments at the VA facilities where they receive care. In addition to scheduling appointments, Veterans can use VAR to track appointment details and the status of requests, send messages about requested appointments, receive notifications and cancel appointments.
- Self-schedule primary care appointments
- Request dates and times for primary care and mental health appointments
- See details for all pending, confirmed and upcoming appointments (both those requested through the app or through a VA scheduler), including date, time, clinic, care team and reason for visit
- Send up to two messages to a VA scheduler about requested and booked appointments
- Get email notifications about appointment updates
- Cancel an appointment if you are unable to make it to that appointment
For Veterans in eastern Idaho who fall under the VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, the VA is continuing to expand Veteran Appointment Request application's functionality to include additional clinics across the country. Periodically check at
https://mobile.va.gov/app/veteran-appointment-request for additional updates to coverage.