Veterans Education Program Supervisor
Open for Recruitment: March 9, 2017 - March 20, 2017
Announcement # 08990079259
Division of Veterans Services - Caring for America's Heroes
The Idaho Division of Veterans Services is recruiting for a full-time Program Supervisor to head our Veterans Education department.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position plans, develops, implements, coordinates and evaluates a program. The incumbent hires, trains and evaluates staff; establishes program goals, priorities and operating procedures; develops and controls a program budget; and frequently develops, negotiates or manages grants/contracts. This position involves review and analysis of related laws and regulations to determine fiscal, operational and program impact; recommending, developing, implementing and interpreting legislation, rules, policies and guidelines.
The incumbent provides program consultation and coordinates program activities with other department units as well as with other agencies and provider/client groups to insure program effectiveness. The incumbent confers with state, federal and department staff on requirements and compliance, and is responsible for program compliance with all mandated requirements. The incumbent may be called upon to plan and implement special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coordinate the program of Veterans Education under contract with the Veterans Administration
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships between the Division of Veterans Services, the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training, the U.S. Department of Labor, the State of Idaho Job Service, Idaho Department of Education, and other State and local institutions dedicated to supporting military and veterans in the State of Idaho
- Review, evaluate and process applications for approval and revision of education and training programs for veterans
- Conduct inspection visits at schools and establishments applying for approval to train veterans to determine compliance with approval criteria
- Approve courses and programs of education and training that comply with requirements of the law and/or Veterans Administration regulations
- Conduct compliance visits at schools and establishments approved for training veterans for the purpose of consultation and a review of records and reporting procedures
- Disapprove courses or programs that do not comply with requirements of the law and/or Veterans Administration regulations
- Prepare and submit to the Veterans Administration a monthly and quarterly report of all work activities and expenditures as required under terms of the contract
- Develop and maintain files, records and statistical information on veterans’ education in the State
- Maintain knowledge of current laws and regulations that govern the approval process and veterans’ education in general
- Prepare and disseminate printed information on veterans’ education and training to appropriate person and groups
- Conduct meetings, when necessary, to provide information on veterans education and training
- Assist veterans and their dependents eligible for VA educational benefits, while attending Idaho public/private/parochial secondary schools
Some knowledge of management practices.
Experience: developing procedures and monitoring a budget; supervising staff; providing liaison with customer/provider groups; interpreting federal or state regulations.
SPECIALTY AREAS (in addition to the M.Q.'s listed above, this opening also requires the following experience and education - see questions 7-9 of the exam):
Approving and supervising courses offered by educational institutions.
Approving and supervising courses offered by job training establishments.
Performing Compliance Reviews of courses offered by educational institutions and job training establishments.
If you are interested in applying visit the job announcement at https://labor.idaho.gov/DHR/ATS/StateJobs/jobannouncement.aspx?announcement_no=08990079259