Skip to main content

How to Request Military Records

Instructions on how to request military records. This document includes the Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records (SF-180), used to request information from military records. Certain identifying information is necessary to determine the location of an individual's record of military service. Please try to answer each item on the SF 180. If you do not have and cannot obtain the information for an item, show "NA," meaning the information is "not available." Include as much of the requested information as you can.  Requests from veterans or deceased veteran’s next-of-kin may be submitted online by using eVetRecs at
Scroll To Top