The Veterans Support Fund was established by Idaho Statue, Section 65-209, Idaho Code, to fund programs to support veterans of the armed forces of the United States.
The Division's policy is to fund programs operated both within and outside state and local government, which support Idaho veterans. Veterans Support Funds are not provided to support the basic needs of individual veterans or their families. Priority will be given to proposals that will serve the greatest number of veterans, and for which there is no other source of funding.
Eligible applicants include individuals, organizations, and governmental entities, including bureaus of the Idaho Division of Veterans Services.
Eligible activities and costs include:
- Programs to inform veterans and the public of services and programs for veterans.
- Programs providing career training to veterans, including programs providing educational scholarships.
- Programs providing training to individuals and organizations supporting veterans, including employees of public and private organizations assisting veterans with healthcare, education, and assistance in obtaining public benefits.
- Acquisition of equipment to support the health, rehabilitation, recreational activities and care of veterans.
- Financial support or sponsorship of ceremonies celebrating or honoring the service of veterans.
- Programs providing social, health, rehabilitation, recreational activities or care to veterans.
Unless specifically stated, no official or officer of recipient organization, individual recipient, or family member of an official or officer of a recipient organization or family member of an individual recipient shall personally profit financially from program funds.
If you feel your program meets the criteria above and you would like to apply for Veterans Support Funds, please complete the attached application and
mail to: Idaho Division of Veterans Services, 351 Collins Road, Boise, Idaho 83702
or fax to: 208-780-1301
Again, thank you for your interest in the Veterans Support Fund program. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Idaho Division of Veterans Services at 208-780-1300.