Idaho Division of Veterans Services – On Call Electrical Services – Pocatello Veterans HomeThursday July 27, 2023
On-Call Service: On Call Electrical Services
Date of Issuance: July 27, 2023
The State of Idaho, Division of Veterans Services will receive informal bids for the services identified in section A below until 5:00 p.m. local time on August 09, 2023. Bidders must submit bids on the Contractor’s Informal Bid form or submit a bid that is clear, concise and contains all the information required by this Request for Informal Bids and the Contractor’s Informal Bid form. All bids must be signed by a person authorized to bind the bidder. The Division of Veterans Services will accept informal bids received by the Division of Veterans Services 351 Collins Rd. Boise, ID. 83702 at or before the above date and time. The Division of Veterans Services will not accept facsimile transmission of bids.
Services. The services shall include labor and materials required to perform on-call services related to Electrical. The worksite for the services shall be Idaho State Veterans Home 1957 Alvin Ricken Drive, Pocatello, ID 83201. The term of the on-call agreement will be one (1) year from the execution of the Division of Veterans Services’ Public Works Contract. The Division may extend the contract upon written notice to the Contractor for two (2) additional one (1) year renewal periods. The costs proposed in the bidder's Informal Bid shall be binding for the initial one (1) year period and for the additional renewal periods, if exercised by the Division. The successful bidder must hold in good standing all licenses required to perform such services.Site Visits. The Division of Veterans Services will allow visits of the project site as follows:
Bidders may contact Rickey Frandsen at (208) 235-7881 to schedule an onsite inspection.
- Costs. The Contractor shall propose hourly labor costs and materials costs with not more than a ten (10%) percent markup. The costs billed by the successful bidder shall not exceed the bidder’s Informal Bid and the bidder shall receive only actual costs as more particularly described in the Public Works Contract. Bidders should carefully review the terms in the Public Works Contract.
- Contractor Requirements. The Division of Veterans Services requires that the successful bidder enter into the Division of Veterans Services’ Public Works Contract. Bidders should carefully review the terms in the Public Works Contract. Copies of the Public Works Contract and the laws referenced below are available to potential bidders upon request. Requirements include:
- Compliance with the provisions of Idaho Code sections 44-1001 and 1002 concerning employment of Idaho residents.
- Compliance with the provisions of Idaho Code section 72-1717 concerning alcohol and drug-free workplaces and submission of an alcohol and drug-free workplace affidavit.
- Compliance with the provisions of Idaho Code section 63-1502 concerning authorization to do business in Idaho and certification of payment of taxes.
- The successful bidder and all subcontractors and specialty contractors are solely responsible for determining if they are required to hold a public works contractor license or post a bond as required by Idaho Code title 54 chapter 19. The Division of Veterans Services has determined that the cost of any single request for services by the successful bidder will not exceed $10,000. Pursuant to Idaho Code section 54-1903(i), the Division of Veterans Services’ does not require that the successful bidder hold a public works contractors license or post a performance bond and a payment bond as set forth in Idaho Code section 54-1926. If any single call for service exceeds $10,000, the successful bidder must comply with the provisions of Idaho Code title 54 chapter 19.
- The following insurance: Commercial general liability with a combined single limit not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and in the aggregate; Workers’ compensation as required by law, including employer’s liability at minimum limits of $100,000/$500,000/$100,000; and Automobile liability with combined single limit per occurrence not less than $1,000,000.
- The Contractor shall not substitute or vary the materials or subcontractors specified in the Request for Bids or the Bid without the prior written permission of the Division.