New Idaho State Veterans Home in Post Falls Celebrates Construction Milestone with Topping Off CeremonyTuesday August 17, 2021
For Immediate Release
August 17, 2021
Post Falls, ID – The Idaho Division of Veterans Services (IDVS) will be celebrating a significant construction milestone for the new Idaho State Veterans Home being built in Post Falls.
A ceremony will be observed on Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 10:30 AM (PDT) at 1180 Clearwater Loop in the Riverbend Commerce Park in Post Falls. Guest speakers include Governor Brad Little, IDVS Chief Administrator Mark Tschampl, Post Falls Mayor Ronald Jacobson, and members of the Jacklin family, who generously donated the land where the new State Veterans Home is being built.
Half an hour prior to the ceremony, the topping out beam will be available to sign. Members of the public are encouraged to attend. Markers will be available for the public to sign their names and write short messages honoring our Veterans. Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, we do request that attendees wear masks and practice physical distancing.
Parking is available in the ALK Source Materials north parking lot.
Completion of Idaho's fourth State Veterans Home is scheduled for Fall of 2022. When completed, the Post Falls Home will be approximately 85,000 gross square feet consisting of:
- One resident neighborhood and a separate community center.
- 64 bed neighborhoods subdivided into 4 household wings, each supporting 16 private resident rooms with private bathrooms.
- Each household will have its own den, sitting lounge, and living area. There are also 2 dedicated dining areas and kitchens that are shared by two households along with multiple outdoor patio areas.
- Each household will also have direct access to the main community center, which will include a chapel, barber/beauty shop, bistro, activities center and multipurpose room, sports club, and therapy room/gym.
- The home will include a central food preparation area, laundry facility, maintenance shop, supply/loading dock area and an administrative office.
- The home will also have a separate entrance on the backside of the Home for our Post Falls Office of Veterans Advocacy with offices for 2 Veterans Service Officers and an Administrative Assistant.
For additional information regarding the new Idaho State Veterans Home in Post Falls, please visit https://veterans.idaho.gov/veterans-homes/post-falls-veterans-home/, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 208-780-1300.